Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Growing fast

I've been so busy with life that I haven't taken time to even think, let alone think about what I'm thinking.

I've started thinking (usually over drinks with a bunch of my old fart friends in the bar) that the world is so far ahead of us that we in the catechetical world are no where near being able to catch up, let alone actually do it. Kids and young adults don't even think in the same way we did! We need to grow up and get a movin....

The one thing I've been wondering personally is: what makes one person able to do what another person thinks? I've been having so many thoughts on the fact that we in catechesis are thinking that we're catching up, when we're in the dust. When I share that I've had a lot of thoughts on this, people tell me that we need to have a think tank. Come to find out I've been beaten to the punch! I think I'm just too scared to actually step out and ask folks, that they'll laugh because I'm such a smalltime geek...But I'm happy, because the conversation really needs to happen. Is there room for more than one conversation?

No comments: