Monday, March 5, 2012

Been busy...

It's been a crazy couple of weeks here at the fat farm.  Daughter has school play going on, which means practices until ungodly hours every night, making sure she has her black clothes ready (she's on stage crew) and trying to get quick healthy meals for the hubby.

Blech... I want my normalcy back.  Although I have to admit it has been a bit of fun being home by myself at night, exercising at will and catching up with my facebook buddies.  The other advantage is I can cook what I want for me. 

Scallops and green beans - salads galore, it has been kind of fun to cook what I like without worrying if everyone else will like or even eat the evening's fare.

On the other side, we are NOT getting our sleep so it's a bit like living in a viper's den - you never know when you're going to get bit, but you can be reasonably sure it's coming.

Oh, and how is losing the fat suit going?  welll..... Friday was kind of fun.  I bought a new scale - the weight watchers one - which we will be using from now on.  Heehee, it's calibrated a bit lower than the crappy old one we've had for 20 years.

Without actually losing more than a few ounces, I managed to drop 2 1/2 pounds this week.  and yes, I'm counting it... mainly because it's the scale I'm going to be using from now on, and since I suck at math, to keep adding the difference between the old scale and new one would just confuse the heck out of me.

Sooo - all in all, sucess! (sort of)  Daughter was really excited too, because not only did she drop the two pounds from the scale, she's dropped a real pound.  She's now beggin money off dad to put aside for her shopping spree as well.

Since we're going to get back on track after this week is over, we're just chalking it up to craziness and not stressing too much over calories, but we're still trying to be careful since there won't be any scale glitches to save our butts.

I am now exhausted from cooking all day yesterday on top of not sleeping from the crazy schedule.   What's on the menu this week?  well, we have chicken, and veggies.  Burbon Street chicken chunks, steamed summer squash, baked green beans, baked sugar snap peas, cucumber sticks, and other odd assortments of veggies.  Even though they will be quick meals, at least they're relatively healthy.

Spring is in the air and I'm going to be ready for it!  (can you tell from the stream of consciousness writing I'm not getting enough sleep?)  Remind me to post about coffee tomorrow!!

No comments: