Thursday, February 16, 2012

Why does being bad feel so good?

Ok, been quiet for a while.  Work's been busy, home's been busy... isn't that just how life goes, it ebbs and flows (sounds like lyrics from a song).

So, what have I been up to?  Well, the *($#& who stole our wii has not returned it, so I bought another one.  I like this one better, since I have no history on it and can finally use my ninja-like skills to catch up or beat my daughter and hubby at wii resort.  Well, probably not, but hey, everyone needs a dream.

Whilst purchasing new wii, I decided that I must also avail myself of the "buy one, get one 1/2 off" sale on just dance videos, since I needed to replace the original "just dance" that was in the wii when it went for a permanent vacation from our home.

"just dance" 1 in hand, looking around to see which other version to get... disney? no blankety-blank way.  Hubby would have to hide the guns because it wouldn't be long before I had a psychotic episode and went postal on the TV, neighbors and whatever else got within 1 mile of me.

kids version - nope.  We'd have to hide the guns from my daughter.  12 year olds have no interest in anything labeled "kids".

summer party?  hmmm... it has possibilities, I like the songs, but I have a feeling that it would be too much of a blow to my fragile ego to watch a summer party and think to myself, "here's the beached whale coming to the show."

So... that leaves... OMG, do I dare? MICHAEL JACKSON!!! 

Yes. I dare.  I went there.  That was Friday.  It's taken me this long to work up the nerve to open it and try it out.

The results? More crotch grabbing then a redneck family reuinion in the heat of the summer with everyone dressed in hunting camo.  Other than that, not too bad.  Incidentally, my husband came home just as daughter and I were about to start, so we waited a bit and made him join in the fun.

The sonofagun beat us at quite a few of the songs (which he somehow managed to get through without grabbing his crotch once and still get perfect scores).

I managed to "win" a few songs myself.  Bad (what does that say about me?) Black and white, and I ALMOST won on thriller.

All in all, a good time was had by all, even if we were sweaty, stinky and exhausted at the end of the hour.  But it flew by, and we all managed to burn a few calories whilst laughing and giggling.

not too bad for a family night at home.  BTW, do you think that our escapades last night might have something to do with my eye twitching this morning?

No comments: