Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Finnegan Beginagain

Well, last week was challenging.  I'm going to have to learn how to deal with real life and still keep on track.

My favorite uncle and aunt came down to visit and we had a crazy week because of it - good, but crazy. So, now I'm playing catch-up. 
Catchup on drinking water
Catchup on cutting back on sugar
Catchup on eating my veggies
Catchup on walking

and I don't even like catchup!  Well, I do, but only on meatloaf and macaroni and cheese, and cheeseburgers and french fries... STOP IT brain!

At any rate I am catching up.  Been drinking the water - we're now at 1 glass of tea in the morning and the rest water until I get home.  Had all my servings of veggies yesterday. Not so good on the sugar cutting back, but I'll get there...

AND Daughter and I did an hour and a half "just dance" last night.  The neighbor came over to drop off the mail that the mailman had delivered to her house by mistake - and left with a big grin on her face.  So glad we could brighten her day.  What you need to know is that our new addition is almost entirely windows - she was getting quite the show on the way over (it's amazing how many of those dances have you jiggling your personals).  Oh well.  Pride goeth before a fall and I'm not about to fall off this wagon. nosiree.

I'll get there, and I know it will be worth it, but sheesh this is wearing on me. If it weren't for friends and my FB support folks, I'd have given up last week. But I can't let them or me down... besides, I am NOT going to become diabetic and hypertensive like my parents!  And I need to teach my daughter how to make good choices... so there you are.  I am. Determined... and slightly embarrassed.

No comments: